This car has been used the past several years for drag racing in the popular Nostalgia Super Stock series. It is legal in NMCA and Victory organizations. It runs the 12.00 second index (has run 11.75) and is very consistant and reliable. It gathers much attention with fans and racers. It is street legal (must change to DOT legal tires) with alternator, mild cam, converter and gearing.
Some details on the components:
- 470 CID low deck big block engine (400 block with stroker crank), Aluminum main caps. Has approximately 175 runs on build (short block built by Damon Khun, Diamondback Engines), limited street miles.
- Mopar Performance Aluminum '452' heads
- Milodon deep oil pan with external feed oil pump
- Factory (not original) 'Short' Long Ram induction with dual Carter Competition 500 CFM carbs (reworked by Damon Khun). Has fresh air induction (cowl intake) or stock reproduction air cleaner housings.
- Hughes Engines hydraulic roller cam, 228° @50, .510 lift intake. 236° @50, .533 lift exhaust, 108° LSA
- Electric cooling fan with BeCool aluminum radiator (always runs cool)
- Sanderson ceramic coated block hugger headers, 1-7/8" primaries.
- FBO electronic ignition with reworked centrifugal advance. Includes adjustable rev limiter
- Toyota 60 amp alternator (can switch off during run)
- Switchable electric crankcase vacuum pump system
- A727 push button transmission, 1965 with slip yoke output. Upgrades include A&A super sprag, solid 2nd gear band, needle bearing rear support, rear pump delete, Moroso fabricated aluminum pan. Aux. cooler.
- Reverse pattern manual valve body (button labels match gear)
- ATI 10" Treemaster converter, 3200 flash stall
- Aluminum driveshaft (Victory) with safety loop
- 8 3/4 E body rear (489 casting), Detroit Locker, 3.55 gearing. ESPO heavy duty leaf springs
- Caltracs traction bars with Calvert adjustable rear shocks, generic 90/10 front shocks
- 4 wheel disc brakes (AAJ w/Wilwood calipers front, Strange rear), adj. porportioning valve. Line loc on front brakes.
- 16 Gallon fuel cell, electric fuel pump (Mallory) with priming switch.
- Trunk mounted weight box
- Stock interior with front bench seat replaced with lightwieght buckets (A990 style)
- Older lacquer re-paint (stock colors), very presentable for a driver or racing.
- Car weighs 3500# w/o driver, exhaust and with 5 gallons gasoline
- Clear Tennessee title
- Car is located in Crystal River, Florida
- See this link for history and accomplishments.
All this for $16,200
Click on mail box to send inquiries to Al Wilson